Appropriate venue selection largely determines the success or failure of the event. Site surveying requirements needs to be identified prior to a site inspection. Attendance is bound to increase with an easily accessible or centrally located venue.
Site surveying requirements includes proper documentation of requirements prior to a site inspection.
Aspects to be considered in choosing a venue:
- Logistics is one of the main aspects.
- Cost is a criteria when choosing a venue.
- An assessment of the capacity of people the location can carry.
- An assessment of the services available on-site.
- Need to evaluate competing or alternative selection of leisure activities and their peak seasons.
- Nearest town demographics and services provides. Can be done by observing similar events.